Authorised Person (Decontamination) (APD01)
Staff with previous decontamination experience who wish to work towards becoming an Authorised Person (Decontamination).
This course is part of the Authorised Person (Decontamination) qualification. Candidates that pass the course and wish to become an AP(D) may need to demonstrate a level of decontamination experience in order to be signed off at interview with an Authorising Engineer (Decontamination) at their individual site.
- Standards – now incorporating the newly released HTM standards and guidance
- Roles and responsibilities
- HBNs – guidance on layouts
- Tracking and traceability, training of staff
- Health & Safety
- Water quality
- Clean steam and steam quality
- Periodic testing – laboratory sterilizers
- Periodic testing – ultrasonics
- Periodic testing – washer disinfectors
- Periodic testing – endoscope washer disinfectors
- Periodic testing – porous load sterilizers
- Periodic testing – benchtop sterilizers
- Auditing of reports, documentation
All candidates will be issued with a City & Guilds certificate on successful completion of this course.
Course Dates 2017-2018
Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge
MMM Training Facility, Leeds
5 – 9 March 2018
For a quotation, please contact Nick Brown on 01223 254488 or
This course can also be delivered at your facility for 6 – 12 candidates. Please contact us for a quotation.