Course Ref: INT01
The Introduction to Decontamination training is a 3-day course suitable for staff that need an overview knowledge about ultrasonic cleaners, washer disinfectors, sterilisers and endoscope washer disinfectors.
The introduction course is recommended for members of the board, facility managers and other key stakeholders that require basic knowledge and the importance of decontamination.
The aim of the Introduction to Decontamination training is to provide an overview of decontamination procedures, facilities and equipment, as well as the role of the sterile services department.
Upon successfully completing the Introduction to Decontamination course, you will be able to:
- Develop basic understanding of current standards and legislation
- Understand sterilisation and washer disinfector processes and explain their uses
- Understand the principles of ‘clean’ steam and water purity
- Describe the operating principles of washer disinfectors and sterilisers
- Understand the weekly periodic tests and the completion of test records required on the decontamination equipment (classroom and practical)
The required duration of this course is 3 days.
All attendees will be issued with a City & Guilds certificate on successful completion of this course.
This course can be delivered at your facility for a group of up to 4 candidates.
This course includes classroom and practical training sessions for attendees to gain the full experience. Training at MMM Leeds includes use of their equipment. If you choose to hold the training sessions at a location of your choice, such as your premises, equipment must be provided by the client.
Please complete the booking form so we can understand your specific requirements and provide a free quote.
If you would prefer to speak to someone, please call us via the number on our contact us page.
If you have any questions about this course or any of our Decontamination Management training courses, please contact us.
If you would like to book this course, please click the button below to get started.