Delivered through the Cambridge University Hospital’s Learning Management System platform, decontamination courses can now be delivered online. Benefits of the AVM online training system include:
- Focused on decontamination in healthcare
- Relevant examples and up-to date information
- Written and produced by specialists
- Consistent, easy-to-navigate training interface
- Realtime monitoring of staff engagement
Providing specialist services relating to the decontamination of reusable medical devices in the healthcare sector for over 30 years.
Decontamination is the process of ensuring all reusable medical devices, such as endoscopes and surgical instruments, go through the three levels of decontamination; cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation before being repackaged and reprocessed in line with strict standards. Standards include Health Technical Memoranda, International and European standards and equipment specifications.